Why is it that I program my CY8C526LTI project into my CY8C5888AXQ chip?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeSi_1418406
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received 5 replies posted

Hello,

I have two project codes, one based on the CY8C526LTI chip and the other on the CY8C5888AXQ chip.

I am using the miniprog 3 kit in j-tag mode to program and debug each of the individual projects.

For some reason I can program and debug my CY8C52LTI program into the CY8C5888AXQ chip, but not vice versa. 

No error sign pops up for some strange reason.

Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Any help would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

PSoC Creator supports the superset programming concept and hence will allow you to program PSoCs which are at the higher end of the family with code from lower end PSoC families. This is to help in prototyping and choosing the right PSoC for production.

So in your case, since CY5888AXQ having a bigger flash and other features will allow you to program the hex generated from a lower family like CY8C52LTI which has similar features.

Please note this is only possible across the same architecture, if a device isn't compatible Creator will notify you.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Both the devices have different JTAG IDs and technically it shouldn't be possible for you to program/debug them in either case.

Can you please provide a screenshot of PSoC Programmer when you try to program the wrong hex file? PSoC Programmer lists the automatically detected device, check if it is being detected correctly. I hope you are generating the right hex file for each device using the Device Selector option in PSoC Creator.

Also, please share your hex files for review.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi

0 Likes

Please provide the complete part number of both the devices in question. Please install PSoC Programmer from this link and share the output log as it will provide more insight into the issue: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

PSoC Creator supports the superset programming concept and hence will allow you to program PSoCs which are at the higher end of the family with code from lower end PSoC families. This is to help in prototyping and choosing the right PSoC for production.

So in your case, since CY5888AXQ having a bigger flash and other features will allow you to program the hex generated from a lower family like CY8C52LTI which has similar features.

Please note this is only possible across the same architecture, if a device isn't compatible Creator will notify you.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes