Antenna Design to work with LTC5505 RF detector at 250Mhz to 450 Mhz,

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
eume_4116346
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community, I'm Eugenio Mercol from Argentina.

I'm designing an RF detector, using LTC5505 device, manufactured by Analogic Device Company.

Short project description and trouble.

It´s a device that can detect RF signal present in the air, once the signal is detected, and the RSSI value exceed a defined value, the device generate a vibratoring advising, sonoric advising an luminic advising.

This device will be carried by the people like a wereable device, and will be carried all the time.

I´m stucked in the antenna design.

I already download the AN91445 Antenna Design and RF Layout Guidelines.pdf  document, (that is a really very good document, Thanks to Tapan Pattnayak!!) but I can't see how calculate the MIFA or  IFA length for the frecuencies beetwen  300 to 450 Mhz.

Project Details.

PCB type and Size: two sides,  30mm x 35mm (keychain type)

Device Size: 30mm, x 45mm

Kind of components used: SMD

Power Source: Alkaline 12V A23S cell

Operation Voltage: 3V

Space defined for the antenna in the PCB: 13mm x 22mm.

Range of detection needed: up to 20 meters

Frecuencies detected: beetwen 300 to 450 Mhz

Only for RF reception

Never will be an RF transmisor.

It will be carried by the people,  inside the pants pocket.

Questions

1* - Based in the description about, antenna space available, place where the device will be carried by the persons, frequency range, and sensibility needed for up to 20 meters detection. What kind of antenna do you recommend to me, MIFA or IFA?

2* - Depending the kind of the anntena selected. How Can I calculate the length of the antenna?

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Which Cypress device are you using in conjunction with the RF Detector as this is a support community for Cypress products?

0 Likes

I'm using the CY8C4013SXI-410 microprocessor.

The microprocessor will be in charge to check the RSSI level signal, provided from the LTC5505 device.

Also is voltage battery level checker.

If in some case that the unusual event is present, like battery low level o high RF signal level, the microprocesor will turn the advises on

0 Likes

Thanks eugeniomercol_4116346

I moved this over to the PSoC 4 community so that someone from our applications team can take a look.

0 Likes
JeetendraA
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Dear eugeniomercol_4116346​,

I believe that the questions you have are more related to the Analog Devices device and hence would ask you to seek support from them.

We would be happy to help if you have any queries related to the PSoC device

Regards

Jeet

0 Likes