How to exclude flash regions from override

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PascalS
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I'm using a PSoC 4 device (CYBLE-212006) in combination with PSoC Creator 4.2. I have to store some data in flash. The read / write operation works but everytime when I debug the device, all stored data are overwritten. So how to exclude / protect some specific flash regions from override while programming the device?

In my example I use the last 2 flash rows (1022-1023) to store customer data.

Kind regards

Pascal

0 Likes
1 Solution
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

Once the CYBLE device is programmed, the flash region cannot be protected from being cleared because the device flash is first erased before programming. This process is preset and fixed in software tool.

But, PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC BLE devices have 512 bytes of user configurable supervisory flash (SFlash) that is retained across normal programming cycle. You can refer to the example code linked here - PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-... .

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

Once the CYBLE device is programmed, the flash region cannot be protected from being cleared because the device flash is first erased before programming. This process is preset and fixed in software tool.

But, PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC BLE devices have 512 bytes of user configurable supervisory flash (SFlash) that is retained across normal programming cycle. You can refer to the example code linked here - PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-... .

-Sayani.

0 Likes

Thanks for your replay, I will look at that. But I have a more important issue. I would appreciate if you could have a look at this thread 🙂 https://community.cypress.com/thread/44780 regards, Pascal

0 Likes