2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2019 4:24 AM by peter_1583586

Problem with Eclipse in 64 bit Windows

peter_1583586

I have installed PSoC Creator 4.2 on my 64 bit Windows 10 computer on which I have Java 1.8.0_202  64 bit installed

I want to use the Eclipse IDE with it.

According to the PSoC Creator Help at 'Integrating into 3rd Party IDEs' > 'PSoC 4 and PSoC 5 Designs' > 'Using PSoC 4/PSoc 5 Designs with 3rd Party IDEs' > 'PSoc 4/ PSoC 5 Eclipse Information' > Eclipse Installation Configuration'   I am instructed to download the Eclipse software from http://www.eclipse.org/cdt. taking care to download the appropriate version (32/64 bit). I therefore downloaded and installed the 64 bit version

I am also told that I need to install the GCC ARM compiler from GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain in Launchpad  following the link to GNU Toolchain | GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain – Arm Developer

Dispite listing a number of download options (Windows/Mac/Linux etc) the only options for Windows are for 32 bit windows - none for 64 bit. Having no othe option I downloaded the 32 bit version for Windows 7 and Above.

I have tried to create a project following the instructions in your help documentation. However, when I click Finish' I get an error message 'Project cannot be created. Reason: Internal Error - java.lang.nullpointerException.

Could you please help!

Should I have downloaded the 64 bit version of the GCC ARM Compiler? If so where can I download it from?

Can you suggest any other reason why I should be getting this error and not able to create a project?