Write external SPI Flash occur fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
恒源郭
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

Now I am trying to flash snip.scan image into our target board. And I got the error message(****************** Result: Verify after write failed) in the log file (\43xxx_Wi-Fi\build\openocd_log.txt), but in EVB board the image can be downloaded and run well by the same downloading method.

Could you help me to download the image into our target's external flash?

###Our target's Flash is S25FL064L, and EVB's Flash is S25FL512SAGBHIA10.

### Command for downloading image

.\tools\OpenOCD\Win32\openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe -s .\tools\OpenOCD\scripts -f ./tools/OpenOCD/cmsis-dap.cfg -f ./tools/OpenOCD/psoc62.cfg -f apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl -c "sflash_write_file build/snip.scan-<EVB>/filesystem.bin 4096 <EVB>-SDIO 0 6" -c shutdown >> build/openocd_log.txt 2>&1

#Downloading apps lookup table in wiced_apps.mk

.\tools\OpenOCD\Win32\openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe -s .\tools\OpenOCD\scripts -f ./tools/OpenOCD/cmsis-dap.cfg -f ./tools/OpenOCD/psoc62.cfg -f apps/waf/sflash_write/sflash_write.tcl -c "sflash_write_file build/snip.scan-<EVB>/APPS.bin 0x0000 <EVB>-SDIO 0 6" -c shutdown >> build/openocd_log.txt 2>&1

BR,

HY

0 Likes
1 Solution

I using PSoC creater SMIF configure tool to regenerate cy_smif_memconfig.c and cy_smif_memconfig.h. Then put that into platform folder. Now I can R/W S25FL064L external flash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

By default the sflash that you are using is not supported in WICED SDK. You will need to add support for this particular part by following the steps as mentioned in SFLASH support addition in WICED​. Please let us know if you face any issue in this porting effort.

I using PSoC creater SMIF configure tool to regenerate cy_smif_memconfig.c and cy_smif_memconfig.h. Then put that into platform folder. Now I can R/W S25FL064L external flash.

0 Likes