the firmware setting does not seem to match the hardware

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
beyuc_3712261
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

When I am reading the post "CCG3 charge through dongle firmware" I  found the HPD signal in the firmware setting file "noboot.cywr" does not seem to match the schematic.  As in schematic it is connected to pin 35 but it is set at pin 9 in the firmware.

Please check and confirm.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ben,

CYPD3123-40LQXI_ctd_us is the project name for reference design: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-pd-ccg3-usb-type-c-charge-through-dongle

The thread CCG3 charge through dongle firmware is specified firmware design which is customized firmware from notebook example code, the name should be: CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Ben,

If you are gong to develop a CCG3 charge through dongle, please assured that you are using the example code from CCGx SDK v3.0.2. (LINK: ). And you need to noticed that CCG3 charge through dongle firmware project is not includes bootloader part. And Cypress do not release those bootloader project out. The thread CCG3 charge through dongle firmware is specified firmware design which is customized firmware from notebook example code. That's why you see the I2c bootloader project.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa,

Is "CYPD3120-40LQXI_dp_dongle" the project name for the CCG3 charge through dongle firmware ​?

0 Likes

Hi Ben,

CYPD3123-40LQXI_ctd_us is the project name for reference design: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/ez-pd-ccg3-usb-type-c-charge-through-dongle

The thread CCG3 charge through dongle firmware is specified firmware design which is customized firmware from notebook example code, the name should be: CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes