Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaMa_4034336
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm completely new to FX3 and got the CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit. I already tried the Example Program USBBulkLoopAuto and GpifToUsb. Now I'm trying to create my own Program. I have ImageSensor, which send quite fast raw data. I found the "AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB FX3 in a USB Video Class (UVC) Framework " and read the PDF with the explanation. Since my Sensor sending raw data, i tried to change the code from Manual DMA to AUTO DMA. I also changed the State Machine in GPFI II Designer. However, I'm completely lost in the code and doesn’t really know, what part does what.

Is there a Document which explains, what I need to set up. Currently I'm just looking through the code and with the help of the FX3APIGuide try to understand what it does.

kind regards

Matthias

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Matthias,

AN 75779 clearly explains the working of FX3 as UVC device. Please go through it once and still if you face any difficulty in code please post specific question related to that query on the forum.

UVC dosesn't support RAW data streaming. Headers are required to add in every buffer which is taken care by DMA callback (in manual mode).

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav Garg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Matthias,

AN 75779 clearly explains the working of FX3 as UVC device. Please go through it once and still if you face any difficulty in code please post specific question related to that query on the forum.

UVC dosesn't support RAW data streaming. Headers are required to add in every buffer which is taken care by DMA callback (in manual mode).

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav Garg

0 Likes