Options to implement Gigabit Ethernet

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
joli_601446
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins 10 likes given 10 sign-ins

Hello, I'm planning on adding a Gigabit Ethernet interface to my board that has a PSoc5 microcontroller. Can anyone recommend a MAC device that is easy to interface to? Would the PSoc5 be fast enough to support Gigabit Ethernet?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Joe,

I am listing down certain threads which might be useful

They mention the type of ethernet controller used and also how they interfaced with PSoC. Just make sure to port/modify it according to your target device.

Just ensure the ethernet controller is compatible with 1000 Base-T networks. The PSoC 5 has clocks ranging from 24Mhz upto 74 Mhz based on what device you are using, which should be able to provide necessary clocking for the SPI communication.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Joe,

I am listing down certain threads which might be useful

They mention the type of ethernet controller used and also how they interfaced with PSoC. Just make sure to port/modify it according to your target device.

Just ensure the ethernet controller is compatible with 1000 Base-T networks. The PSoC 5 has clocks ranging from 24Mhz upto 74 Mhz based on what device you are using, which should be able to provide necessary clocking for the SPI communication.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes