1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2019 6:06 PM by YangyangC_06

FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code

widrc_1621251

HI,

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL THE FX3 SUPPORT SOFTWARE FOR LINUX ON AN I7 BASED LAPTOP RUNNING UBUNTU 16.04. I HAVE RUN INTO A NUMBER OF ISSUES THAT ARE ILLUSTRATED BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP ME BUILD AND INSTALL THE EXECUTABLES. I BELIEVE I HAVE SET UP ALL THE PATHS CORRECTLY, DOWNLOADED THE FILES TO SUPPORT THE 64BIT VERSION, DOWNLOADED QT4, ETC.

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE USED AND DEVELOPED WITH THE WINDOWS BASED SOFTWARE (STREAMER) FOR FX3 WITHOUT ISSUE IN THE PAST.

THANKS,

BILL

I have attached a PDF with the full discussion and images from the compile attempts.

• 1. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
          SrinathS_16

Hello Bill,

As it can be seen from the error while running the make command, it looks like the libusb-1.0.x is not installed on your machine. Kindly, install the same and then run the make command.

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 2. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
            widrc_1621251

Hi Srinath,

I unzipped the entire ZIP package from Cypress onto my system. I ran thru the install sequence in the "libusb-1.0.9" directory: ./configure; make; make install. I did not see any errors. This should install libusb-1.0.9, correct?

Is there a complete installation sequence for building the FX3 executable? It seems like I am missing some guide. Every folder has some installation sequence in it and I am not sure I have gotten everything.

Thanks,

Bill

• 3. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
              YangyangC_06

Hi William,

To install libusb, you could just run the command

sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

Also, you need to add the CYUSB_ROOT in PATH value.

• 4. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                YangyangC_06

Hi William,

I found a document which I wrote before when I installed FX3 SDK for linux v1.3..3. Hope it could help you.

It is not an official document. Just for reference.

• 5. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                  widrc_1621251

Thank you Yangyang! I will try this, this evening.

• 6. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                    widrc_1621251

Well, I apt-get installed libusb and I used

export CYUSB_ROOT=Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5

and still get the same error from g++ when doing the make.libusb_installed_still_no_make.png

Note that it says it cannot find -llibusb-1.0. Is that odd that it leaves out the space between -l and libusb?

SetUp_libusb.png

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

• 7. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                      YangyangC_06

Hi William,

Can you please try to open the Makefile under cyusb_linux_1.0.5 and modify the command from

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l libusb-1.0 -l rt

to

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l usb-1.0 -l rt

Please try and tell me the result.

• 8. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                        YangyangC_06

To confirm whether the Makefile is correct, I find another Linux machine to re-install FX3 SDK v1.3.4. The result shows the Makefile is correct. The SDK could be installed correctly.

Please check why the print result is incorrect according to your screenshot. I attach my resluts here for reference.

One more suggestion:write export PATH= ...... in /ect/profile instead of run in terminal.

Screenshot from 2019-02-18 09-57-02.png

Screenshot from 2019-02-18 10-01-50_看图王.png

• 9. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                          widrc_1621251

YangYang,

Yes changing to "USB-1.0" allowed the Make file to run without error. Thank you very much!

Now I am on to trying to do the sudo ./install.sh

But the install fails when trying to compile:

InstallFail.png

I am guessing that the include in main.cpp for libusb is not pointing to the correct directory...

Thank you again. Bill

• 10. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                            widrc_1621251

I just found this:

cyusb_linux Install Error: libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor not declared

I will try reinstalling a later version of libusb and running through the procedure again.

• 11. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                              YangyangC_06

Please try and let me know the result.

• 12. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                                widrc_1621251

Hi Yangyang,

Still no luck. I followed the instructions in the previous post and the ./install.sh yields the same error:

william@Penrith-2:~$ dpkg -l libusb-1.0*

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description

+++-==============-============-============-=================================

ii  libusb-1.0-0:a 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library

ii  libusb-1.0-0-d 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library

ii  libusb-1.0-doc 2:1.0.20-1   all          documentation for userspace USB p

william@Penrith-2:~/Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5$ chmod +x install.sh

william@Penrith-2:~/Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5$ sudo ./install.sh

[sudo] password for william:

Your current directory is /home/william/Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5. This is where the cyusb_suite software will be installed...

g++ -fPIC -o lib/libcyusb.o -c lib/libcyusb.cpp

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l usb-1.0 -l rt

cd lib; ln -sf libcyusb.so.1 libcyusb.so

rm -f lib/libcyusb.o

rm -f moc_controlcenter.cpp

rm -f ui_controlcenter.h

rm -f controlcenter.o main.o fx2_download.o fx3_download.o streamer.o moc_controlcenter.o

rm -f *~ core *.core

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/uic controlcenter.ui -o ui_controlcenter.h

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o controlcenter.o controlcenter.cpp

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp

main.cpp: In function ‘void get_config_details()’:

main.cpp:626:66: error: ‘libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’ was not declared in this scope

libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor (NULL, ep, &compd);

^

main.cpp:647:66: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

summ[summ_count].reqsize = (summ[summ_count].maxps * (compd->bMaxBurst +

^

main.cpp:624:12: note: forward declaration of ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

struct libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor *compd = NULL;

^

main.cpp:648:14: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

(compd->bmAttributes + 1));

^

main.cpp:624:12: note: forward declaration of ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

^

main.cpp:650:66: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

summ[summ_count].reqsize = (summ[summ_count].maxps * (compd->bMaxBurst +

^

^

Makefile:234: recipe for target 'main.o' failed

make: *** [main.o] Error 1

*********************************************************************

It seems like my libusb is at the level discussed, but the install still fails for:

‘libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’ was not declared

Thanks,

Bill

• 13. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                                  widrc_1621251

By doing a complete reinstall of Ubuntu 16.04 on my computer, I was able to get thru the make and ./install.sh without errors.

Now when I try to run cyusb_linux from a terminal, I get:

cyusb_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libcyusb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have set a up a path in .bashrc that includes the path to the libcyusb.so but no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,  Bill

• 14. Re: FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code
                                    YangyangC_06

Do you member to run

source ./.bashrc ?

What's the result of echo $PATH?

1 2 Previous Next