Does S25FL256SAGMFI003 SOIC-16 support 1.8V IO voltage?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
siasc_4048026
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cypress community,

I want to use S25FL256SAGMFI003 SOIC-16, with 1.8V procsessor. I had a doubt about 1.8V working because I faced with this sentence "For a backward compatible SO16 footprint, the VIO supply is tied to VCC inside the package; thus, the IO will function at VCC level." in datasheet could you please help me to clarify the right meaning of this sentence and whether can i use this package with 1.8V or not?

Sincerely yours,

Siyavash

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

1. For a backward compatible SO16 footprint, the VIO supply is tied to VCC inside the package; thus, the IO will function at VCC level.” – I don’t see this statement in the latest FL256S datasheet (Rev. *P). Which revision datasheet are you using?
  2. The OPN you mentioned “S25FL256SAGMFI003” does not support VIO, thus it can only work at Vcc voltage range, i.e., 2.7V to 3.6V
  3. “S25FL256SAGMFIR03” is the recommended OPN , which has the same feature, package, and also VIO supported that can work at 1.8V.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

We are still reviewing the case and will get back to you as soon as we find the resolution.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello,

1. For a backward compatible SO16 footprint, the VIO supply is tied to VCC inside the package; thus, the IO will function at VCC level.” – I don’t see this statement in the latest FL256S datasheet (Rev. *P). Which revision datasheet are you using?
  2. The OPN you mentioned “S25FL256SAGMFI003” does not support VIO, thus it can only work at Vcc voltage range, i.e., 2.7V to 3.6V
  3. “S25FL256SAGMFIR03” is the recommended OPN , which has the same feature, package, and also VIO supported that can work at 1.8V.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

Hello Bushra,

your answer was so useful thank you.

1. Rev. *N

Best regards,

Siyavash

0 Likes