I will clarify your concerns.
- Firmware does not include core part of PD contract as a source code.
- CCG3 CYPD3123 is factory pre-programmed.
- Application Firmware sample is available on https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3-cable-adapter
PR_Swap means that swap Source (Rp) and Sink (Rd). For more information, kindly refer to Type-C Spec.
If you have PD protocol analyzer (e.g., CY4500), it would be helpful to comprehend what happened on the procedure.
May I ask you some questions? since I would like to clarify your issue.
Are you connecting Mobile devices instead of Notebook?
Do mobile devices correspond to PD? Are these DRP devices?
We are running many tests on market available devices like Nexus, Apple, Samsung, Hp, Asus etc.
All devices in our tests are DRP capable and comply to USB PD specification
Our request is for API support with available PSOC SDK code so we can build one firmware to provide data access while charging at the same time across all devices
Sent from Rads iPhone
Please let us know what SDK was used for this code and if possible provide us with the PsoC project files
1. CCG3 Charge through Dongle Firmware (PsoC project files) is available on https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3-cable-adapter
The firmware name is: CYPD3123-40LQXI_ctd_us
2. For PR_SWAP request example code, You can refer my customize code for your reference. The file is aims for initial PR_SWAP and DR_SWAP to make sure Type-C port which is controlled by CCG3 is Power Source and Data Device (USB Device or DisplayPort sink).
You just need add them into CYPD3123-40LQXI_ctd_us project with PSoC Creator and call it as below in main.c.
Thank YOU, we will try now