6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2019 1:10 PM by niprc_2224616

How to store in EEPROM while using dual bootloader??? (PSoC 5LP)

niprc_2224616

Hi,

I have been working with the PSoC 5LP for a little over a year now and I am still impressed by the shortcuts/capabilities available in the PSoC peripherals.  I have also noticed that every time I post a question, there are always more elegant solutions than I have come up with.  For that reason, I am asking this question for someone like Bob who I see in most posts I read in the forums.

At this time I am able to store serial numbers, model numbers, etc in external EEPROM and access this data from either program A/ program B using an external interface.  I wanted to take this a step further and eliminate the EEPROM and designate a section of flash on the PSoC5LP (separate from the bootloader, yet reserved apart from program A B).  This way, I can bootload programs A and B while preserving the stored serial numbers, model numbers, etc.

I have been testing this by including an EEPROM module in the bootloader and then writing the data to storage.  At this point, I am running into an issue where I have a barrier between the bootloader and each program that is bootloaded.  I cannot relay the address for the data to a program so that each program can relay the stored information to the host system.

I am aware of https://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/using-emulated-eeprom-component-bootloadable-project-kba89149  , However, I would like to retain validation for long life fielded units.  Skipping validation removes some of the benefits of dual bootloading..

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you,

Nick