Error Unable to acquire target device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PAB
Level 2
Level 2
First like given Welcome!

The psoc device is not able to program below mentioned message camePSOC ERROR_TTW.png

Error Unable to acquire target device PSoC 5LP CY8C5868AXI-LP035: Error SWD error WAIT received while attempting to write memory 0xE000EDF0-0xE000EDF4 was received while trying to change the selected target.

2nd attempt to program

below message shown.

PSOC ERROR_TTW_2.png

The device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time.

Kindly provide a suitable solution to this.

Thanks in Advance.

Paras

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi Paras,

Please do a hard reset for the device.I suppose you are using a custom board.

Please check whether the custom board hardware meets the power supply (page#03) and other suggestion as mentioned in hardware design guide:

https://www.cypress.com/file/44581/download

0 Likes
PAB
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Ankita

My custom board meets all hardware design guidelines.

the board already been used in many of our products.

but this time this problem came in some PCB's where the controller is not programming. same controller when i insert in working PCB then it works.

We made custom controller PCB which has male header which is used to attach to any of our product PCB's.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

I can understand from your reply, that there is no issue with MiniProg3's functionality.

If the schematic and layout of the bad PCBs is same as working PCBs, then the only other suspect remains is the components placed.

Please check components placed in the the PCBs with the issue is correct or not.

0 Likes
PAB
Level 2
Level 2

The schematic and layout of both PCBs are same both are of same project same components and same placement.

i already checked the Components all are ok.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

I hope you have checked the specifications of components placed on PCBs with issue.

Please try replacing the PSoC5LP chip on non working PCBs from working PCBs.

0 Likes