PSoC5LP CapSense parameter setting of "IDAC" and "Analog switch divider"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

We are doing manual tuning of CapSense.

First, we decided the resolution from the SN ratio.

We understand that "IDAC" and "Analog switch divider" are items like fine adjustment.

There are threshold values that stop working at all by changing the numerical values of "IDAC" and "Analog switch divider".

For example,

Set Analog Switch Divider to 3: Works fine
Set Analog Switch Divider to 2: No response

in this case,
Analog switch divider will be better not to set to 3?

Is there a document on manual setting of "IDAC" and "Analog switch divider"?

Descriptions of the function are described in the data sheet, but there is no description of how to set it to the optimum value manually.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi Masashi-san,

Could you please refer to the manual tuning section of the PSoC 5 LP CapSense design guide? (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75400-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-capsense-design-...)

You could use SmartSense auto-tune initially to know the range of IDAC values set and change them according to your requirements, in manual tuning mode, by following the manual tuning process explained in the application note.

Thanks,

Shanmathi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi Masashi-san,

Could you please refer to the manual tuning section of the PSoC 5 LP CapSense design guide? (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75400-psoc-3-and-psoc-5lp-capsense-design-...)

You could use SmartSense auto-tune initially to know the range of IDAC values set and change them according to your requirements, in manual tuning mode, by following the manual tuning process explained in the application note.

Thanks,

Shanmathi

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Shanmathi-san,

I never changed Analog Swich Divider, but I read and understood the application notes.

Thank you.

Regards,

Masashi

0 Likes