CYW943907AEVAL1F JTAG Header

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaFi_2915566
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

The JTAG Header on the CYW943907AEVAL1F seems non-standard.  Has anybody found a cable to connect a standard JTAG adapter to this header?  The UG shows an Olimex with separate wires for each signal but I cannot find that breakout anywhere.  Short of making my own, does anybody know how to connect to the header?

Also, the only thing I need to do is to flip the switches to move JTAG to the header, right?

0 Likes
1 Solution

hello:

find some instruction , only the chip is different, hope it can help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Usage instructions for Olimex ARM USB TINY & TINY-H programmers

1. Plug the Olimex USB JTAG Tiny (or Tiny-H) programmer into a USB port on your PC

2. Download & extract http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.6.0/libusb-win32-bin-1....

to a temporary directory

3. Double-click the <TEMP_DIR>\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\inf-wizard.exe to create a driver for the ARM-USB-TINY (or ARM-USB-TINY-H),

save the driver to a temporary location, then install the driver. The GUI steps you through this process.

4. Ensure the WICED eval board is powered (by USB or external +5V), and that the Olimex programmer is plugged into the J-Link port on the board

5. Try downloading the scan app to the board using one of the following commands (change the build string to suit your app/platform):

snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY download run

snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

6. If the driver installation worked, the blue JTAG blinks during the download process

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NaFi_2915566
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I found this page "OpenOCD -WICED " and it has the same picture of connecting a Olimex JTAG with jumpers as the "CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation Kit User Guide".  The picture has one jumper I cannot quite figure out (the one next to the orange jumper going to J9).

to be honest the connection tables are very confusing.  A table og JTAG signal names to CYW943907AEVAL1F pins would be very helpful.

Based on the signal names, I got:

JTAG         - CYW943907AEVAL1F

(1) VREF   - J9.4 V3.3

(3) TTRST - J3.1 JTAG_TRST

(5) TTDI     - J3.3 JTAG_TDI

(7) TTMS    - J3.7 JTAG_TMS

(9) TTCK    - J3.9 JTAG_TCK

(11) TRTCK - (no connect)

(13) TTDO   - J3.5 JTAG_TDO

(15) TSRST - (first I left this disconnected, then tried J9.3 RESET to match the picture.  neither worked)

I tried swapping the two resets; that did not work

I tried

"2. Add the line below to /tools/OpenOCD/jlink.cfg

reset_config trst_and_srst srst_push_pull"

from the above link; which seems to imply I only need SRST but I am not sure if it should go to J3.1 or J9.3.

I tried it both ways, no luck.

the attached openocd log indicates libusb problem, which is the last thing from the above link I did not try yet.  mainly because I have no idea how to do it.  I asked over there not that's an older thread, not sure if anybody will look at it.

0 Likes

hello:

find some instruction , only the chip is different, hope it can help you.

Usage instructions for Olimex ARM USB TINY & TINY-H programmers

1. Plug the Olimex USB JTAG Tiny (or Tiny-H) programmer into a USB port on your PC

2. Download & extract http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.6.0/libusb-win32-bin-1....

to a temporary directory

3. Double-click the <TEMP_DIR>\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\inf-wizard.exe to create a driver for the ARM-USB-TINY (or ARM-USB-TINY-H),

save the driver to a temporary location, then install the driver. The GUI steps you through this process.

4. Ensure the WICED eval board is powered (by USB or external +5V), and that the Olimex programmer is plugged into the J-Link port on the board

5. Try downloading the scan app to the board using one of the following commands (change the build string to suit your app/platform):

snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY download run

snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4 JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

6. If the driver installation worked, the blue JTAG blinks during the download process

Does the libusb driver from step 2 work with Segger JLink?

0 Likes

hello:

from my understanding  the libusb is a common api for usb function,  it should be able to match different devices in lower layer.

0 Likes