1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2019 4:52 PM by BiBi_1928986

Where is the programming specification document for the PSoC 4?

JoWi_3984961

Where is the programming specification document for the PSoC 4?

Somewhere on the cypress.com site it promises three documents, a couple of TRM's (architecture and registers) and a programming specification document.

These are supposed to exist for each PSoC number.  I see them for other numbers but not four.

I would assume the programming specification document tells you how to program the registers to effect a desired outcome.

The programming specification document for PSoC 4 is:

missing?

Not actually needed?

Pending?

Impossible to construct?

Please suggest something.

• 1. Re: Where is the programming specification document for the PSoC 4?
          BiBi_1928986

Hi.

You can download the PSoC4xxx Programming Specifications from this link:

http://www.cypress.com/file/409516/download

Is it useful?  Absolutely.  But, it all depends on what your needs are.

If you want to construct the low-level hardware to emulate the SWD interface, yes.  If you plan to use Cypress supplied bootloaders, KitProg or MiniProg for download/programming, it's not really needed.  It will however give you a better understanding of how the device's FLASH gets programmed from the ground up.

I doubt most developers need this document.

BTW, this document relates to PSoC4xxx FLASH downloading and FLASH programming.  It's not a "how-to" write s/w.

regards,

Bill