Debugging not working with ModusToolbox/KitProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
milo_3594216
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked

Hello,

I'm trying to get the BlinkyLED example to run on a PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit. The KitProg is updated to KitProg3 version 1.01.158.

I used the QuickPanel to debug the example and everything seems fine first. When eclipse switches to debug mode however, the program is not halted. In the Debug tab it reads Thread #1 (Running : UserRequest). The LED is not blinking (I guess LED5 should be). When I pause the application, I get the following errors:

Info : SWD DPIDR 0x6ba02477

Error: Failed to read memory at 0xfffff000

I have tried with two boards, both show the same behavior. I also tried to use the Program launch option to see if the file was flashed correctly but still no blinking LED even after a power cycle.

Did I miss some important step or something?
Cheers

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Michael,

This is a known issue with older boards under Rev 13. Can you check for the revision of your board? The label will be present at the back of the board as seen below:

rev_board.png

You will need a new board of the latest Rev 13 version if this is the case. Can you please email me at ddka@cypress.com ?

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Michael,

This is a known issue with older boards under Rev 13. Can you check for the revision of your board? The label will be present at the back of the board as seen below:

rev_board.png

You will need a new board of the latest Rev 13 version if this is the case. Can you please email me at ddka@cypress.com ?

Regards,

Dheeraj