SPI MOSI idle high on 43907

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cohuc_3807591
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hey all:

I have a part that i'm communicating with over SPI, and it wants MOSI to idle high. Looking at the standard gsio driver function, I see that the line is high until the first transmission, and then it idles low after that. Is there something I can do to change this? really appreciate the help - thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

because SPI interface is emulated from GPIO interface,  if the standby and wake up process is not critical for time needs,  you can change the mode to normal GPIO , then set to the states you want.  like pin_mosi is defien with WICED_GPIO_21 in WICED_SPI_1.

and you can have a test on SPI_0 and SPI1 also .

SPI0 is multiplexed with GPIO0s and can therefore support a bit banging based software SPI driver.

SPI1 is not multiplexed with GPIO0 and can not support a bit banging based software SPI driver.

So SPI0 is suggested for this thread requests.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

because SPI interface is emulated from GPIO interface,  if the standby and wake up process is not critical for time needs,  you can change the mode to normal GPIO , then set to the states you want.  like pin_mosi is defien with WICED_GPIO_21 in WICED_SPI_1.

and you can have a test on SPI_0 and SPI1 also .

SPI0 is multiplexed with GPIO0s and can therefore support a bit banging based software SPI driver.

SPI1 is not multiplexed with GPIO0 and can not support a bit banging based software SPI driver.

So SPI0 is suggested for this thread requests.

0 Likes