PSoC 6 WiFi-Bt Pioneer BT Starter Code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jogi_3903711
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I've got a PSoC 6 Pioneer development board, and I would like to use the bluetooth functionality - not BLE.  Can anyone point me to some starter code for this board that sets up the bluetooth functionality? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

BLE is just a feature in Bluetooth v4. In order to teach how to use BLE, it needs to cover basic Bluetooth.

So, what I'm suggesting is to look into that part except for the BLE part.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
nabc_3911511
Level 2
Level 2

You may already know, but the sample codes are here:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-wifi-bt-pioneer-kit

In addition, I think you can use starter codes from BLE kit tutorial for the basics except for BLE part.

They both use psoc creater ide to generate and program the codes for bluetooth.

Of course, you will have to improvise some settings base on the wifi-bt kit.

0 Likes

Hmm. Thanks for providing the link; I did already encounter that resource. However, I think I'm still confused. PSoC Creator can be used to generate the bluetooth UART protocol to communicate with the LBEE5KL1DX-883?

0 Likes

I'm not an expert on this, but I think it can.

I did a few BLE sample tutorial working on Wifi-BT kit.

They both have PSoC 6 on the kit and firmware is written on either of M4 or M0+ core.

From my understanding, PSoC Creator is just a helper tool to generate the embedded code easily, not a kit specific or binding requirement.

0 Likes

Ah. Yeah, I've seen the BLE sample code, but I'm specifically interested in bluetooth, not BLE. I'm sure that I could figure it out with sufficient time, but I'm hoping that some starter code works for BT operation so that I can get started quicker.

0 Likes

I'm not talking about the BLE feature. What I'm mentioning is this BLE "Tutorial" which teaches using BLE kit.

PSoC® 4 BLE 101 Video Tutorial Series: How To Create Products Using PSoC 4 BLE

and here is BLE tutorial for PSoC 6.

http://www.cypress.com/training/psoc-101-video-tutorial-series-how-use-arm-cortex-m4-based-psoc-6

Maybe I should just call it psoc tutorial instead of BLE tutorial.

0 Likes

BLE is just a feature in Bluetooth v4. In order to teach how to use BLE, it needs to cover basic Bluetooth.

So, what I'm suggesting is to look into that part except for the BLE part.

0 Likes

Oh, that clarifies things a bit. Thanks a lot Nathan!

0 Likes

No problem. I'm in as same learning curve as you are.

Hope you find the tutorial useful.

0 Likes