PSoC Creator "NullReferenceException"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using PSoC Creator 4.2 on a project for 4 days with no problems.  When I started it up on the fifth I was greeted with scores of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors.  Now I can't even create a new project.  The previous project opens fine in PSoC Creator 4.1.  Tried re-installing PSoC Creator 4.2 but that made no difference.

Capture.PNG.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Looks like some corruption in the files associated with PSoC Creator 4.2.

Please do the following to get it up and running again:

1) Open run command (Win + R) and type "appwiz.cpl". This will open the Programs and Features window.

2) Uninstall PSoC Creator 4.2

3) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator" and delete the folder named 4.2

4) Navigate to "C:\Users\<PC_name>\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator" and delete the folder named 4.2

The steps 3 and 4 needs to be done only if the uninstallation procedure wasn't able to delete these folders.

Once these steps are completed, reinstall PSoC Creator and it will work. Let me know how it goes

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

There should be a log file as well, would you please include that?

You'll see a message in the output window that says something like:

Log file for this session is located at: C:\Users\kin\AppData\Local\Temp\PSoC Creator-000.log

Once you get the error above, click OK and see if that contains anything useful.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing in the log file other than the normal output window messages.  However, while troubleshooting this I removed a custom library from the default dependencies.  After that, everything's back to normal.  Now, even after adding that library back, it's still working fine.  Gotta love this type problem.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

0 Likes

Looks like some corruption in the files associated with PSoC Creator 4.2.

Please do the following to get it up and running again:

1) Open run command (Win + R) and type "appwiz.cpl". This will open the Programs and Features window.

2) Uninstall PSoC Creator 4.2

3) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator" and delete the folder named 4.2

4) Navigate to "C:\Users\<PC_name>\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator" and delete the folder named 4.2

The steps 3 and 4 needs to be done only if the uninstallation procedure wasn't able to delete these folders.

Once these steps are completed, reinstall PSoC Creator and it will work. Let me know how it goes

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes