How to use 3 ADCS simultaneously each sampling one analog line.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there people. I am up with a small DSP project for my University final year and  I have access to CYPRESS FM4.

I understand it has 3 ADCs with multiplexed input lines

However, the sample programs are given to just make use of 1 ADC with multiple input lines.

My Target sampling frequency is around 44.1k

and I want all the three ADCs to work simultaneously.

The only other way i know is to believe the fact that so long the circuital conditions of the device under test are maintained, i can get individual lines sampled one by one with using single ADC and sampling inputs one after other hoping the results will be same every time(which they should).

Also I have an inquiry and that is; is DSP easy to implement in PSoC or FM series

let me know

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi..I have fixed a lot of the issues I encountered with the Seeedstudio library and the examples.  It has been working pretty well at this point even hooked up to highly utilized CAN Buses.  I also have the intention to add support for multiple MCP2515 ICs, error support, and a better interrupt handling method.

Also, using the MCP2515 in "listen" mode causes it to NOT acknowledge any messages it receives.  It is in a purely ears-only mode.  If you use this mode on a CAN bus with only one other active CAN transceiver, you will find messages are sent infinitely till its controller errors out and shuts down.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi..I have fixed a lot of the issues I encountered with the Seeedstudio library and the examples.  It has been working pretty well at this point even hooked up to highly utilized CAN Buses.  I also have the intention to add support for multiple MCP2515 ICs, error support, and a better interrupt handling method.

Also, using the MCP2515 in "listen" mode causes it to NOT acknowledge any messages it receives.  It is in a purely ears-only mode.  If you use this mode on a CAN bus with only one other active CAN transceiver, you will find messages are sent infinitely till its controller errors out and shuts down.

0 Likes