[CY7C65211] Equipment and method for evaluation and production

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShYa_3490236
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,

Please give me advises for the below queries.

As description in datasheet, I understand that CY7C65211 can operate as SPI master but need to modify the configuration settings. Is my understanding correct?

If #1 is yes, to modify the configurations, could you tell me appropriate technical information or any document? I could not find related specifications in datasheet.

In my understanding, user will able to use the configuration utility S/W for the evaluation. But I think this tool is not appropriate for the manufacturing phase.

So, could you tell me suitable method or tool for programming the configuration data to device flash in manufacturing phase?

I'd like to understand that programming equipment, HW designs, whether Cypress can ship devices after programming (like CP parts) and so on.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Best regards,

Shohei

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi Shohei-san,

1. You are correct.

You can configure CY7C65211 using USB-Serial Configuration Utility. Please check following page.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

2. Hopefully, above page will be helpful for you.

3. I can understand your concern.

For mass-production, Cypress recommends that the customer uses "USB Serial Configuration Utility" command-line program for programming.

USB Serial Configuration Utility GUI is easy to program a firmware, but as you know it is not efficient.

For more information, see the thread as follows. 

CY7C65211 Serial Communication Mode

Regarding the CP parts, it depends on the end customer product amount.

Please ask local Sales/FAEs. We are not able to answer it on the Community.

FYI: If you are interested in USB-Serial FAQs, kindly go through following FAQs. (JA) is Japanese version.

USB-Serial Bridge Controller FAQs - KBA224054

USB-Serial Bridge Controller FAQs - KBA224054(JA)

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi Shohei-san,

1. You are correct.

You can configure CY7C65211 using USB-Serial Configuration Utility. Please check following page.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

2. Hopefully, above page will be helpful for you.

3. I can understand your concern.

For mass-production, Cypress recommends that the customer uses "USB Serial Configuration Utility" command-line program for programming.

USB Serial Configuration Utility GUI is easy to program a firmware, but as you know it is not efficient.

For more information, see the thread as follows. 

CY7C65211 Serial Communication Mode

Regarding the CP parts, it depends on the end customer product amount.

Please ask local Sales/FAEs. We are not able to answer it on the Community.

FYI: If you are interested in USB-Serial FAQs, kindly go through following FAQs. (JA) is Japanese version.

USB-Serial Bridge Controller FAQs - KBA224054

USB-Serial Bridge Controller FAQs - KBA224054(JA)

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes
ShYa_3490236
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 solutions authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi Takayama-san,

I really appreciate your helps always. My questions are clear and will contact to local Sales/FAEs via other way regarding CP parts.

Best regards,

Shohei

0 Likes