2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2019 2:36 PM by james.long_3965396

CY8CKIT-059 USBUART Will Not Initialize.

james.long_3965396

I'm using CY8CKIT-059 and am attempting to get the USBUART working - preferably including powering the device.

However, in the example code, there is a wait for " USBUART_GetConfiguration() that will wait until that returns a non zero value. It always returns 0.

I've tried the examples, I've verified my clocks.. Code compiles, and programs no problem.

I've got a regular TTL UART working, but I'd much rather use the USB uart so I can have just the one cable running to this module for power and communications...

FYI This doesn't appear to be a windows device issue - it doesn't enumerate because it is stuck in that loop of GetConfiguration.

I've also tried it on two seperate CY8CKit's...

*snip*

int main ()

CyGlobalIntEnable;

/* Start USBFS operation with 5-V operation. */

USBUART_Start(USBFS_DEVICE, USBUART_5V_OPERATION);

for(;;)

{

/* Host can send double SET_INTERFACE request. */

if (0u != USBUART_IsConfigurationChanged())  // THIS ALWAYS RETURNS 0

{

/* Initialize IN endpoints when device is configured. */

if (0u != USBUART_GetConfiguration())  // THIS ALSO ALWAYS RETURNS 0

{

/* Enumeration is done, enable OUT endpoint to receive data

* from host. */

USBUART_CDC_Init();

}

}

*snip

I can get by using an external TTL to USB Serial adapter, but that kinda defeats the purpose Any help would be greatly appreciated..