2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2018 10:41 AM by MichaelF_56

CE216795  PSoC 6 MCU Dual-CPU Basics Documentation issue

WaMa_286156

I have downloaded and installed ModusToolBox, and would like to try it out.

I purchased the Cy8CPROTO-063-BLE and want to download  the CE216795 project to it.  I have downloaded the project.

I believe it will need to be modified, because I read somewhere pin numbers are different from PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (and possibly cpu).

I got down to Page 1, Operation in the pdf file.  It  indicated I should see KBA225201.  I clicked on the link. On the Web Page, I get an error message:

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

I do not know email for the uploader of the project (which I won't spell out, but is J.T.) so I am contacting you here.

I am logged into the Cypress system.  I am registered as an early adopter.   I brushed my teeth this morning. <grin>

Questions:

1)  How would I create custom components with ModusToolbox?

(i.e. use UDB to create AND-OR-XOR combinatorial logic)   Please point me to some literature.

2) I have been able to narrow down the CY8CPROTO  PSOC 63 to either CY8C6347BZI-BLD33 (without crypto) or  CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 with crypto.  Unfortunately, the specs on

the CYBLE-416045-02 module DO NOT specify the PSOC 63 being used by part number.  The documentation on the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE  does not specify the PSOC63 being used in the descriptive text, or the BLE module.  I zoomed into a module photo  and cross referenced the package and the BLE PSOC to come up with this possibility.   I will now proceed to the next step.

**Update** I found the target MCU as CYBLE-416045-02 in the Choose Target MCU portion of the IDE application creation.  Please specify this in your documentation in future revisions.

3)  Do you need help translating C# to Qt?  (For, e.g., your schematic designer). I work cheap.

Message was edited by: Wade Maxfield