CX3 how to add brightness control to the cycx3_uvc_ov5640 project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I am working on adding a brightness control to the cycx3_uvc_ov5640 project without much luck.  I found the writeup in article 166117 and KBA225062, but there are several issues, all stemming from the fact that the author is modifying a different base project, or so it seems.

Many of the names of constant symbols in the article have changed, for example CY3_UVC_VIDEO_CONTROL_REQUEST_EVENT is not defined as are many others.

The author isn't clear where to add the first set of modifications to the CyCx3AppUSBSetupCB function.  The routine is quite complex and the insertion point for the code is not at all obvious.

I also found another article where the author post his project.  This code didn't even display an image for me.

Is there an updated example for the current version of the ov5640 project, or at least updated explanations of the modifications?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution
6 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Scott,

As you know that the example project(OV5640) along with EZ-USB doesn't have any video control feature. We are getting numerous questions about how to add video control feature in UVC project. That's the reason why we write this KBA.

I am sorry that this KBA is not clear for you. I could steup a project to enable the brightness control and send you here.

As for article 166117, could you please post the link? I am not clear about what you are referrring to.

0 Likes

Hi yyca,

166117 is the number of a support case where someone posted a CX3 project with a brightness control added.  I couldn't get it to work.

That would be great if you could post a project with a working brightness control.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Is 166117 the number of tech support case? I could not find correct result by searching this number. Could you please show the screenshot of article 166117?

0 Likes

Thanks Jimmy, this has helped a bunch.

Scott

0 Likes