Memory usage in Cypress Fx3S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
user_2925471
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Cypress Fx3S micro controller in one of my projects. I am facing some issues when I try to allocate memory in array. I think this issue is because that I had already exceeded the data space and I have no more provision to allocate further more data.

Please let me know if there is way by which I can expand the data space (by manipulating cyfxtx.c file). For my application, I need more memory for data. So, let me know a way how this can be achieved using fx3s.

Please find the attached image that shows the error.

Regards,

Raghavendra.T.R

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please refer to Figure 5.2 of FX3_Programmers_manual which is in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Please refer to the fx3.ld file (if you have 512KB RAM according to your Part Number)

The file is in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_build\fx3_fw

The linker file path can be seen in the project settings as shown in the attached image. This path can be replaced with the new modified linker file path.

As you can see in the fx3.ld file, the SYS_MEM, DATA base and length are given.

And the base and length of HEAP and DMA buffer are mentioned in the cyfxtx.c file.

These bases and sizes can be modified keeping in view of the Figure 5.2

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please refer to Figure 5.2 of FX3_Programmers_manual which is in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Please refer to the fx3.ld file (if you have 512KB RAM according to your Part Number)

The file is in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\fw_build\fx3_fw

The linker file path can be seen in the project settings as shown in the attached image. This path can be replaced with the new modified linker file path.

As you can see in the fx3.ld file, the SYS_MEM, DATA base and length are given.

And the base and length of HEAP and DMA buffer are mentioned in the cyfxtx.c file.

These bases and sizes can be modified keeping in view of the Figure 5.2

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes