Please let me know if I have understood your question correctly.
1. First, you interfaced our MBR3 kit with the arduino (host) and it worked as expected.
2. Then you interfaced custom capsense board with arduino (host) and found that it wasn't working as expected. Could you please let us know what went wrong or what was not working?
3. Now you want your custom capsense board to be interfaced with a PSoC device. You need to connect only the SCL SDA , ground pin and host interrupt pin to the PSoC device.
You can refer :
Capsense design guide - Configuring MBR3 section - http://www.cypress.com/file/46366/download
Hope this helps!
yes, the first two sentences that you have mentioned that is correct, i have one source code that i am running through arduino and configure the MBR3 kit.
just i want to know that is there difference , if i am running the one controller configuration to my another custom capsense board controller. because i have checked it and it is working .
second thing that you have asked me that is what was not working.
----- ardunio to my custom capsense board
1. my SDA and SCL pins are High.
2. Normally My Host INT pins is also High
3. But when I am touch the button it is not going active low as expected.
4. Also my data has been written Successfully through I2C
please guide me about this issue
Coincidentally, I was playing with same board with CY8CKIT-044 today.
I needed to move jumper
J13 MBR3-SCL <-> J3-SCL
J14 MBR3 <-> J3-SDA
J15 mode -> B
1. Can you please check if you have used pull up resistors for HI line also?
2. SPO_CFG register is set to host interrupt pin
3. If possible share your schematic file of your custom capsense board and the connection between PSoC and capsense board.
Also i want the mail ID of your Technical Design Person , i have some query about the cypress design. so i can communicate with them through Mail.
i have successfully communicated with Psoc Programmer. and i am configure my custom board through Ez click software. i have detected the my device at target device.
and i have configure the 4 buttons and 1 slider and enabled the host INT pins(as per my application). and my device configuration completed
but the issue is that my capsense button not working , and slider also. i am checking it on the EZ Click Software at capsense output mode.
but my capsense buttons are not working. so i don't understand why it is not working.
please guide me about this issue.what are the reasons that capsense buttons will not work.
1. Regarding the NACK, could you please let us know what is the master command you are sending? I suppose you didn't receive a NACK when you are sending the configuration files. Also kindly remember that the first byte that you send to the EZI2C will always be NACKed hence the first byte of data that you send to the MBR3 device should always be a dummy byte.
Refer to MBR3 device datasheet - I2C communication guidelines section for more details
2. Regarding the Cypress technical design person, could you please let us know if your query is anything that is confidential information and that you can't reveal here. If not, please ask your question here/ create a new thread, our engineer will assist in that thread.
3. One reason I could think of is your Cp value being beyond limits (5 to 45 pF ) that the smartsense has automatically turned off the sensors. If that is the case you need to measure the Cp of the sensors and let us know. If Cp is greater that 45 pF there is nothing that can be done but to redesign your entire layout.
4. Has your schematic and layout files been reviewed by any of the Cypress engineers? If not, please share your files, we can do a quick review here.
This thread has been locked due to inactivity for more than 3 weeks
- Cypress Semiconductor