Will the cypress FFS work with s29cl032j?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBa_3845446
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

If so, please send me some details about the Cypress FFS.

Also, as far as I can tell the software driver provided for the s29cl032j on this page is for an SPI device and not for a parallel device. Do you have a suitable driver for it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Dave,

Please find attached the Parallel NOR FLASH Low Level Driver (LLD).

If you require Cypress' FLASH File System (FFS), please check your Community Private

Messages, as I will detail some information required from you.  I will register you for the

FFS package on your behalf.

Hope this helps...

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

View solution in original post

7 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Low level driver for our parallel NOR flash devices are available at: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-nor-flash?source=search&c... .

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Unfortunately the file that you provided a link to results in a ZIP file called "Spansion_SLLD_v13.2.1.zip" being "installed" into a folder in my computer's "program files" folder. This is the same file that I got from the software package that was linked off the device description page and is a for serial SPI driver. Please double check software driver code you have available for your parallel NOR Flash devices.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Dave,

Please find attached the Parallel NOR FLASH Low Level Driver (LLD).

If you require Cypress' FLASH File System (FFS), please check your Community Private

Messages, as I will detail some information required from you.  I will register you for the

FFS package on your behalf.

Hope this helps...

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

Many thanks for providing the correct LLD driver code for this chip. 🙂 I trust you have updated the product's page with the correct download link for this driver, as given in my opening post in  this thread.

0 Likes

I am still waiting to receive details on the Cypress FFS.

0 Likes

Hello Dave,

I had already completed your registration for the Cypress FFS package on Friday, 21DEC2018. Please check for Case#475186

within your e-mail inbox, clutter inbox or junk e-mail inbox for the Cypress FLASH File System (FFS) package.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes

Hi AlbertB_56

I have previously told you that I cannot find the email that was sent to me on the 21st December. Either it was sent to an incorrect email address or our corporate email server has decided that it matches one of its junk/spam/suspicious email criteria and deleted it before I get to see it.

Best Regards

Dave Banham

0 Likes