WICED-WIFI Appliance App/Wicedserial

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying get the Appliance App running with Wicedserial.exe. After building "demo.appliance-BCM943362WCD4 download run" successfully, and opening the Wicedserial utility which does not show "Starting WICED..." but instead just shows "Opening COM7...Connected".

On my mobile with WIFI turned on, I can see that "WICED Config" as shown connected in the 'WIFI Networks". However when I enter "192.168.0.1/config/device_settings.html" it gives the following message:

HTTP ERROR:504

Gateway Timeout

RequestURI=http://192.168.0.1/config/device_settings.html

Appreciate feedback on this.

Re:

Nilesh

0 Likes
1 Solution

It shouldn't. It should show your home network for example. That's what you want to connect to So you can get an outside connection. Once that is done, then connect your laptop to the same network And both devices are now connected to the same router and can communicate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

With WICED USB Serial Port (COM7) Properties "Bits per second being set to 7200 instead of default 9600" enables it to Start WICED v3.1.0 and initialising the platform BCM943362WCD4".

Now I am able to see the webpage on my mobile phone with the heading  "WICED Device Configuration" based on the IPV4 address provided by WicedSerial utility when using the following url: "192.168.0.1/config/scan_page_outer.html"

One thing which is still not working is that after adding network name "WICED config" and password "12345678" for manually adding the network, it never goes beyond this point with browser stuck at "Joining network" message.

Not sure what else I am missing.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Likes

From the webpage can you scan for networks?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From webpage, I can scan network but it does not show “WICED Config” network.

0 Likes

It shouldn't. It should show your home network for example. That's what you want to connect to So you can get an outside connection. Once that is done, then connect your laptop to the same network And both devices are now connected to the same router and can communicate.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, got it.

1. From WICED Configuration webpage at “192.168.0.1”, added Home Network/password.

2. This is turn shows the new allocated address in Wicedserial terminal of “192.168.1.127”. At this point the home network and newly created WICED webserver are in sync.

3. Placing “192.168.1.127” in the url field on mobile/laptop in home network will open “WICED Appliance Application” which has 16 Buttons.

4. Verified each button (Button-1 through Button-16) when pressed lights up the UART LED. This would mimic controlling different settings of an physical object connected through WICED wifi.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can from WiConnect.

0 Likes
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can check with the latest version of WICED 6.6.1 and evaluate demo.alliance and let us know if you face the same issue again.

0 Likes