11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2018 12:08 PM by nabc_3911511

PSoC6 Flash Failed

nabc_3911511

Hi, I'm having the following error when I attempt to program.

Erasing of Main Flash...

Erasing of Main Flash Failed

EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0140EE70: Unknown SROM status code

Error: dbg.M0023: There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0140EE70: Unknown SROM status code)

On the pop-up, it says:

There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x0140EE70: Unknown SROM status code)

There was an error running the Programmer to configure the device. Try lowering the clock speed used for communication in the Options dialog, under Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Port Configuration. If the problem persists, make sure that the Programmer for this debug target is properly installed and ready to use.

The device is CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT, and I was able to program successfully on first few projects base on the PSoC6 101 video tutorial,

but now all projects I programmed successfully are not flashing, too.

I highly doubt it's the port configuration issue because when I plug the power the host computer detects the device, but the TFT display shield is just white blank, not displaying anything. This makes me suspect the factory software was corrupted somehow.

When I searched for the error, the only similar relevant error I found is this,

Programming Error

However, I couldn't find the solution from the page posted (Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619 ).

One thing I suspect is that something corrupted device when I pressed buttons on the board.

The start guide shows what each button is called, but I couldn't find any good document explaining what the buttons do.

So, I've been pressing the buttons trying to figure out what they do.

How do I fix this error? Do I have to reset the factory mode? If so, how?