Does the Wiced Sense tag have a java runtime and can i use a java application(jar) to play with the sensor readings?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i have ordered a Wiced Sense kit and here is my use case :-

1. I need to read data from the sensor(lets say humidity and pressure)

2. I then want to use my java application which does some data processing and outputs some results. These results may or may not be      transferred to an android device.I understand that that everything is downloaded on to the device using the SDK which is in C but if      allowed , i can call the java runtime from within the C code but i am not sure if this will work

So does the wiced sense have a java runtime and can i make this use case possible ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

So what i am trying to achieve is have my java application run on the wiced sense device itself so that all the data processing can be done on the device.

[vik86]:Not possible

But i think that's not possible and i will need to send sensor data from the wiced sense device over to a phone/computer and run my java application on the phone/computer.

[vik86]Yes you are right

1. Is my understanding correct?

[vik86[Yes

2. Also is the source code for the wiced android app/ios app made available ? If yes , can you point me to it?

[vik86]WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08) ( Do you have access to this ?)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

1. I need to read data from the sensor(lets say humidity and pressure)

[vik86] Read from where a Mobile App or a PC?

2. I then want to use my java application which does some data processing and outputs some results. These results may or may not be      transferred to an android device.I understand that that everything is downloaded on to the device using the SDK which is in C but if      allowed , i can call the java runtime from within the C code but i

am not sure if this will work

[vik86]You can write a client in JAVA , that read BLE data and then you can process the sensor data that you require.( You can refer for some help ,java - How to send data to device via BLE - Stack Overflow)

So does the wiced sense have a java runtime and can i make this use case possible ?

[vik86] No, this SDK is based for embedded development in C.

Thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the clarifications. So what i am trying to achieve is have my java application run on the wiced sense device itself so that all the data processing can be done on the device. But i think that's not possible and i will need to send sensor data from the wiced sense device over to a phone/computer and run my java application on the phone/computer.

2. Also is the source code for the wiced android app/ios app made available ? If yes , can you point me to it?

0 Likes

So what i am trying to achieve is have my java application run on the wiced sense device itself so that all the data processing can be done on the device.

[vik86]:Not possible

But i think that's not possible and i will need to send sensor data from the wiced sense device over to a phone/computer and run my java application on the phone/computer.

[vik86]Yes you are right

[vik86[Yes

[vik86]WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08) ( Do you have access to this ?)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i do have access and i downloaded the zip..thank you

0 Likes