How to create a component MDIO Interface IEEE 802.3 Clause 22 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
didic_3814691
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

How on the basis of the component IEEE 802.3 Clause 45 MDIO Interface to create MDIO Interface IEEE 802.3 Clause 22 ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

The Verilog code to handle Clause 45 and Clause 22 are different, so you would need to have a different MDIO component to handle Clause 22. The current official release of the MDIO component in Creator only handles Clause 45.

Which PSoC you plan to use and what's your final application? We might be able to provide a custom version of the MDIO component that supports Clause 22.

0 Likes

We are planning to use PSoc 5LP. The application will manage a chip that supports clause 22 (for example, Broadcom BCM50210S). You need to implement Slave and Master. I would be grateful, if you provide a custom version of the MDIO component that supports section 22. Is there a detailed guide to creating modules for Psoc and in particular how to change the finished library module from Cypress?

Dima.

0 Likes

Hello,

A bunch of tutorials on PSoC Creator components creation is available here.

It seems you only need the Host implementation, since the Broadcom's chip is the slave. You can find a version of the MDIO host that supports Clause 22 here. The example uses Clause 45, but there are APIs to generate frames using Clause 22.

0 Likes

Hello.
Thanks for your help. I still need to implement Slave clause 22. As from the basic Mdio interface clause 45 example, I need to implement the Mdio interface clause component 22. Do I need to change the component on verilog or do something with API functions. I create the Mdio interface clause library component 22 when importing the base Mdio interface clause 45, I consider that the component on verilog should be left the same (or I do not see something), but how can I change the API functions? They are not available.

0 Likes

Hello,

You need to change the Verilog code as well as the APIs. I would suggest you to create a MyCase in the Cypress Website.

http://www.cypress.com/mycases

After you provide information about the opportunity, a Cypress Apps Engineer will be assigned to work on your case.

0 Likes

Can you please mention about the compilation errors that you are getting

0 Likes