1. Your schematic looks fine. Please use a capacitor of minimum 120 uF on the VBUS of downstream ports as per USB 2.0 Spec. Please ensure that the Test pin is pulled down to 0 for normal operation and your crystal meets the following requirements-12 MHz ± 0.05 percent, Parallel resonant, fundamental mode, 600-μW minimum drive level.
2. The section with the fuse and voltage divider is an alternative low cost solution to using power switches to prevent over current condition. Since you are using power switches in your design, it is not necessary.
3. Yes the external EEPROM will allow you to load a custom configuration, without it the hub will boot up with the default descriptors.
4. The individual or gang mode can be used based on your power management requirement. For individual mode, overcurrent detection signals will be used for all four ports even though there is a single power enable signal and power switching can be done for individual ports.
5. We dont have any reports currently but it has been used in other customer designs and since we didnt face any issues, it should be compliant..
6. Please go through section 4.4 in the following App Note for reducing susceptibility to EMI http://www.cypress.com/file/122726/download