Bluetooth Testing Facility questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are currently going through Bluetooth testing with a facility from Taiwan, and they have questions which I am not sure I know the answer to, if anyone could please offer some guidance that would be greatly appreciated:

Pixit ReferenceIdentifierSub-IdentifierValueUnits
RF-PHY:P1:1Inband Image FrequencyLow FrequencyMHz
RF-PHY:P1:2Medium FrequencyMHz
RF-PHY:P1:3High FrequencyMHz
RF-PHY:P2:1Value for n Intermodulation TestLow FrequencyInteger
RF-PHY:P2:2Middle FrequencyInteger
RF-PHY:P3:3High FrequencyInteger
RF-PHY:P7:1Test interface ImplementationHCI or 2-wire UARTHCI
RF-PHY:P7:2DatarateBPS
RF-PHY:P8:1Antenna GainLowdBi
RF-PHY:P8:2MiddledBi
RF-PHY:P8:3HighdBi

The values with blank spaces are where I need help. I believe I have to get the Antenna gain tested from a lab to get the results, but the rest are they something I can look for on the datasheet? I am using the BCM20732 SOC.

Would really appreciate some help here.

Cheers,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Unfortunately, there are no local FAEs I can refer you directly to as the local Rep, RF Associates will need to establish this support level with the business unit.

Contact RF Associates in the Bay: rfan

Ask for John B. first as I believe he is assigned to your account.  Ed is the President of the company and can also help.

I have reached out to them already, but have not received a response.  However, they should be familiar with your request as I have explained the scenario.

Tell them that you are doing full regulatory on an SoC and require special firmware that your test facility told you is available (I am not aware of this firmware) from Broadcom.  They will then probably need to set you up with an NDA /CSP/Docsafe account that you will use to both receive the custom firmware and for the ongoing support that is likely needed to support the firmware within a ground floor regulatory scenario.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, all of the regulatory support this team provides through the community relies on customers leveraging the LMA approval available with the SIP module (eliminates the need to understand regulatory at this low level).

I'm not sure how support is provided for regulatory testing of the SoC.

I will ask the local Broadcom team to contact you directly.

john.battin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

I would really appreciate the connection tot he local team. As we're in the middle of the testing stage, I wouldn't want to hold up the tests for too much longer.

Another question that was asked: Does Broadcom have a firmware to load onto the chip that is specific for going through Bluetooth testing? The testing facility mentioned that Broadcom does have one, but I have been unable to find a specified firmware app (ROM or RAM) in any of the SDKs.

Cheers,

Gurpal

0 Likes

Check out the below page:

The Official Bluetooth SIG Member Website

Show this to your test house (with the QDID) and verify do you still need to do a qualification.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. I will forward to the testing house and see their response.

Because we are using the chipset and not the module, therefore using the the antenna reference design from the first TAG board, I assumed we had to do all the testing apart from the profiles.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Note that Bluetooth Sig Certification is different from Regulatory.  The SoC you are using can leverage our BT Certification as this is related to the stack itself, not things like RF emissions.

Here's the information we provide related to BT Sig related certification: Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

miltmiller sidshaw john.battin ed-falsetti

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, for the RF power data, we are configuring that because we have used our own antenna, using the reference design from the first Tag board.

It's just the Inband Image frequency and intermodulation integers the testing facility needs.

Could you please put me in touch with the local FAE in Santa Clara area. Would really appreciate it as I don't want to hold up the testing any longer.

Cheers,

0 Likes

Unfortunately, there are no local FAEs I can refer you directly to as the local Rep, RF Associates will need to establish this support level with the business unit.

Contact RF Associates in the Bay: rfan

Ask for John B. first as I believe he is assigned to your account.  Ed is the President of the company and can also help.

I have reached out to them already, but have not received a response.  However, they should be familiar with your request as I have explained the scenario.

Tell them that you are doing full regulatory on an SoC and require special firmware that your test facility told you is available (I am not aware of this firmware) from Broadcom.  They will then probably need to set you up with an NDA /CSP/Docsafe account that you will use to both receive the custom firmware and for the ongoing support that is likely needed to support the firmware within a ground floor regulatory scenario.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mike.

Got the answers we were looking for. Really appreciate the support.

Cheers,

Gurpal

0 Likes

No problem.

Special thanks to nsankar for all the guidance/support he provided.

I also apologize for not realizing this request was related to BT Sig Testing, not regulatory as I had originally thought. Some internal folks set me straight in this regard.

Glad you have everything you need.

john.battin

0 Likes