USB-C to DisplayPort adapter not detected with EZ-PD config util

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've purchased a USB 3.1 Type C to Mini DisplayPort/Mini DP Adapter Cable - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY7DEQU

The unit works OK with the correct displayport cable between a MacBook Pro 2016 and Dell U2414 monitor, but does not work when connected to a 2018 mac mini.

I've read that a possible firmware upgrade of the dongle might help.

In a Windows 10 machine, the dongle is plugged-into a usb-c port and correctly works with the monitor (and Device Managed detects it as a USB 3.1 Extensible Host).

But... the EZ-PD configuration Utility can't find any attached device. I get the following error in the Messages window on startup:

"0 HID devices found

0 USB-Serial Bridge devices found

No HID/USB-Serial Bridge devices found

Device Discovery failed"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Usually our device cannot be programmed by connecting to the computer via type-C port. In prototype designs, we have external SWD interface which is usually unused in finished products for us to debug the device. So, unfortunately you cannot update the firmware of your dongle now.

Regards,

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Usually our device cannot be programmed by connecting to the computer via type-C port. In prototype designs, we have external SWD interface which is usually unused in finished products for us to debug the device. So, unfortunately you cannot update the firmware of your dongle now.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes