Display crashes during run cy8ckit-028 on Cyckit-062-bt-wifi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lobl_2790026
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello, I am using the Cyckit-062-bt-wifi and drawing some colored circles and text on cy8ckit-028 (eink display) after about a minute the screen goes white. I created a Rtos task that reRuns the TFT_Init(); and   UG_Init(&gui, TFT_SetPixel, 320, 240);   with a button press, this brings back my display (my circles and text come back) but it seems to go white again very quickly.
  I suspect I have a stack management issue, or that I am accidentally written to some config variable, maybe from the other core.
This is my first attempt at using dual cores with an MCU, I wrote 1 application for a single board computer that used multiple threads and I had to lock varriables while using them from each thread so that other threads didn't try and access them at the same time, I don't see that with the RTOS system, Do I write something myself?

I would like to control my hardware from the C0 core and do user interface with the cortex M4.

My goal with this project will leave the MCU running 24/7 for 3 months at a time using 5 quadrature encoders on 5 seperate motors, and a couple  pnumatic cylinders with limit switches, and some other signal IO, I'd like to have the little display, and a wifi, user interface, but I can't have it freeze every minute or 2.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The following links might be useful:

Mouser PSoC 6-WiFi-BT L3: Using the CY8CKIT-028-TFT Shield - IoT Expert

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce218136-psoc-6-mcu-e-ink-display-capsense-rtos

Please mention if you are using WICED Studio IDE or PSoC Creator IDE. Make sure you use UG_FillScreen( C_BLACK ) to clear the screen before a new write. Check if something is clearing your screen after each write. It would be easier if you could attach your project for us to debug.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The following links might be useful:

Mouser PSoC 6-WiFi-BT L3: Using the CY8CKIT-028-TFT Shield - IoT Expert

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce218136-psoc-6-mcu-e-ink-display-capsense-rtos

Please mention if you are using WICED Studio IDE or PSoC Creator IDE. Make sure you use UG_FillScreen( C_BLACK ) to clear the screen before a new write. Check if something is clearing your screen after each write. It would be easier if you could attach your project for us to debug.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes