Maximum data chunk lenght when calling bleprofile_sendWriteReq|Cmd (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Per this thread here: Maximum data chunk lenght when calling bleprofile_sendWriteReq|Cmd (con't)

I'm also in the same situation where I need to read long characteristics on a BCM20737 in a central role from a BCM20737 in a peripheral role.  The read from an app (i.e. light blue) works with the BCM20737 in a peripheral role, but I don't see a way to make it work from the central role.

Is this supported?  And if so, how can I make it work?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Howard,

Our next release of SDK 2.2.1 will feature a http_client app that supports the long characteristic reads.

It is not ready for distribution, but the attached code below shows how to Read/Write a characteristic value of 512 octets in length.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Howard,

Here is the link for peripheral role: Support for very large characteristics

Have you looked at the hello_client app in the SDK?

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JT,

Thanks for the quick response and the link.  However, I'm using the BCM20737 in a central role, and I haven't found a way to issue a read request (or write request) for a long characteristic.  I did use the link you provided to get the device to work with Long Characteristics from the Peripheral side and it works with an app like blue light.  But now I need to make the device in a central role to read those long characteristics.  If I use the normal read request (i.e. bleprofile_sendReadReq), then BCM20737 central only reads up to the 22 byte MTU size since it doesn't send the Read Blob Request.

Looking at the hello_client app is for the windows side, so that doesn't help me.  Do you know if the BCM20737 stack can support long characteristic reads?  

-Howard

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Howard,

Our next release of SDK 2.2.1 will feature a http_client app that supports the long characteristic reads.

It is not ready for distribution, but the attached code below shows how to Read/Write a characteristic value of 512 octets in length.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JT,

I'll give this a try.  Looks like a user implementation of the ReadBlobReq, which is what I need. 

BTW, what is the ETA of SDK 2.2.1?  The date will help me prioritize my work for either waiting for the update or trying to implement this myself.

-Howard

0 Likes