Error "Unable to acquire target device PSoC 3 CY8C3866LTI-068: Unable to read memory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoKu_3014931
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

Hello,

We are trying to brig up new PCBA with PSoC 3 CY8C3866LTI-068(48pin) now. When I download project using Miniprog3 and PSoC Creator, it occurred the read memory error as below massage. And then  I checked PSoC creator 4.2 and MinProg3 and they are working correctly with on CY8KIT-001. So, I am thinking new PCBA might have problems. Could you tell me what item or circuit I should check?

Error "Unable to acquire target device PSoC 3 CY8C3866LTI-068: Unable to read memory, Debug Enable is not set. Click Port Acquire to reset the chip and enable debug." was received while trying to change the selected target.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YoKu_3014931
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

Thank you for your comment.

We could solve the problem by ourselves.

I found that PSoC 3 CY8C3866LTI-068(48pin) needs to enable reset pin by PSoC Creator and Miniprog3 port setting change to JTAG mode from SWD. I could download it. Sorry, only software setting is wrong.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that the reset pin and the power supply pin are correctly connected.

Please share the schematic if possible.

0 Likes
YoKu_3014931
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

Thank you for your comment.

We could solve the problem by ourselves.

I found that PSoC 3 CY8C3866LTI-068(48pin) needs to enable reset pin by PSoC Creator and Miniprog3 port setting change to JTAG mode from SWD. I could download it. Sorry, only software setting is wrong.   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm happy to hear that!

We appreciate your information.

0 Likes