4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2018 8:36 AM by DoLo_351801

PSOC Designer 5.4 error message

DoLo_351801

Starting MAKE...

creating project.mk

make: *** No rule to make target `C:\Users\Doug\DOCUME~1\cypress\cy8c20247s', needed by `lib/obj/buzzer.o'.  Stop.

Proximity_with_CY8C20xx7v4_smartsense_HW_TEST - 1 error(s) 0 warning(s) 08:53:03

What this is supposed to tell me?

I am using PSOC designer 5.4 SP1

and cy8c20247s

I have attached an archive of the project.

• 1. Re: PSOC Designer 5.4 error message
          XiaoweiZ_71

idata dump at output/Proximity_with_CY8C20xx7v4_smartsense_HW_TEST.idata

ROM 42% full. 6820 out of 16384 bytes used (does not include absolute areas).

RAM 9% full. 148 bytes used (does not include stack usage).

Built with ICCM8C STD V7.05.00

Proximity_with_CY8C20xx7v4_smartsense_HW_TEST - 0 error(s) 0 warning(s) 08:00:40

Your project pass building on my laptop with no error. So how to reproduce your issue?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PSOC Designer 5.4 error message
            DoLo_351801

I reinstalled psoc designer, I have tried it on 2 computers windows 10. I

stripped out most of the code. Removed the offending module and the next

module is in error. What am I doing wrong.

• 3. Re: PSOC Designer 5.4 error message
              DoLo_351801

Problem solved. The error messages I got were because the linker could not find the object files.

make: *** No rule to make target `C:\Users\Doug\DOCUME~1\cypress\cy8c20247s', needed by `lib/obj/buzzer.o

I added a path to the lib in the build settings and this problem went away and I found a whole new set of problems arose.

I don't know why but the archive contained all of the correct libs. I just used the archive that I made (see above)  to create a new workspace and all the issues went away.

Thanks for looking at this.

• 4. Re: PSOC Designer 5.4 error message
                DoLo_351801

Thanks for trying my project. I don't know why but all the libraries were available in that archive but not in my workspace. I unarchived it and everything is good.

Thanks for the help