KitProg not recognizing Psoc chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
deonc_3697476
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

When a psoc chip on an external board is connected to the kitprog programmer hardware, does psoc creator / psoc programmer automatically detect the new chip connection? Will I have to restart the software with kitprog already connected to the chip on an external board? Psoc creator currently detects the kitprog, but it "fails to acquire device" every time I try to connect. It may be a faulty soldering issue but I just want to confirm that it isn't an issue from the software side, thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
deonc_3697476
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

We got the KitProg to finally work, it was most likely a hardware issue. Thanks for your help everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The kitprog is delivering power to the target, check the voltages. The target device will be controlled by the kitprog, except when the target was programmed to set the SWD pins to GPIO. Check the XRES connection (active low) from kitprog to target.

Bob

Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

please check the VDDA/VDDD/VCCD pin voltage of target device and check the electrical connection state of 5-wires.

deonc_3697476
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi all, happy Thanksgiving. We soldered a new PCB and checked the voltages again which seem fine. However, the following errors came up again. Do you think it is a hardware issue due to the PCB design or soldering or is it an issue underlying with the KitProg or PSoC Creator? We're soldering the BGA PSoC by hand so that may be what's causing the issue. 

image.png

image (1).png

0 Likes
deonc_3697476
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

We got the KitProg to finally work, it was most likely a hardware issue. Thanks for your help everyone!

0 Likes