The UART in the UVC+UART of EZ-USB FX3 cannot be enumerated, and the FX3 driver cannot be successfully loaded in Windows 7.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
QsLi_3517121
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked First reply posted

The UART in the UVC+UART of EZ-USB FX3 cannot be enumerated, and the FX3 driver cannot be successfully loaded in Windows 7.

The product ID in the CyFxUSBDeviceDscrss structure is 0xF9, 0xF9.

Can I set the product ID to enumerate for Camera and Uart at the same time, or how to install Cypress CDC driver in Windows7?

捕获.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please let me know if you are using the project file shared in the below thread.

Can EZ-USB FX3 enumerate serial devices and video and video devices at the same time?

If not, kindly, share the descriptor file that you are using.

EDIT:

- I missed out on telling that the PID 0xF9 is not included in the CypressSerial.inf and hence the device will not automatically bind to the driver. The CypressSerial.inf file has got the PID 0x0008 which is also used in the UsbUart project that comes with the FX3 SDK.

EDIT 2:

- In the case that you are using a different VID/PID combination, the device automatically gets bounded to the Microsoft CDC driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The Cypress CDC driver is pushed to Windows Update and hence should automatically be updated if you have an active internet connection. In case you do not have access to the Internet, the driver can be found in the USB-Serial SDK in the following path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\USB-Serial SDK\driver

Run the CypressDriverInstaller.exe from the above path to install the driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

I am using USB 3.0 to simulate Camera+Uart at the same time, instead of using Micro 2.0 on the EZ-USB FX3 development board.

0 Likes

Actually, USB Camera and USB Uart are implemented through USB3.0.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if you are using the project file shared in the below thread.

Can EZ-USB FX3 enumerate serial devices and video and video devices at the same time?

If not, kindly, share the descriptor file that you are using.

EDIT:

- I missed out on telling that the PID 0xF9 is not included in the CypressSerial.inf and hence the device will not automatically bind to the driver. The CypressSerial.inf file has got the PID 0x0008 which is also used in the UsbUart project that comes with the FX3 SDK.

EDIT 2:

- In the case that you are using a different VID/PID combination, the device automatically gets bounded to the Microsoft CDC driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes