8-Byte Unique ID for Excelon FRAM CY15B/V104QSN

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaLe_445041
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I'm interested in using your 4Mb Excelon QSPI FRAM part, and have question regarding the 8-Byte Unique Read-Only ID and the 256-byte special sector:

1. Will I be able to use all 8 bytes or is Cypress reserving part of the 8-Byte for its internal use?

2. If so, how many remaining bytes out of 8 that I can use?

3. Is the 256-byte special sector OTP?

Thank you

dl

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Dan,

Yes, Cypress is using all 8 bytes for the information.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Dan,

There are 3 electronic signatures in Excelon.

1) Device Id : Contains the manufacturer's id, product id, die revision information etc. Programmed by Cypress

2) Unique Id : The UID field will contain fab lot number, wafer number, and die (X, Y) co-ordinates which will uniquely identify each packaged part. This is also programmed by Cypress Completely

3) User writable Serial Number: The serial number is an 8-byte programmable memory space provided to the user to uniquely identify a pc board or a system. You can program anything in this 8 byte area as a unique identification from your side.

The Special sector is not a OTP region. It can be written to multiple times if needed.This special sector region design for a higher thermal reliability for stored content. Data stored into this special sector can survive up to three standard reflow cycles. This special sector location can be used to store the PCB module details, serial number details, and so on.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Hi Pradipta - thanks for your quick response.

The FRAM datasheet shows that Unique ID register has 8 bytes.  Is Cypress using all 8-byte for the fab lot number, wafer number ,and die (X,Y) or is there any available byte left that Cypress can program per customer request?

0 Likes

Hi Dan,

Yes, Cypress is using all 8 bytes for the information.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Thanks very much!!!

0 Likes