Graphic LCD interface to PSoC using GraphicLCDCtrl

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ShKr_3646021
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a project interfacing Mitsubishi 3.5" 240 x 320 Graphic LCD (datasheet attached) to PSoC 5LP using External RAM.

I have set up everything according the datasheet. Now, I am trying to display an image, but I do not see anything on the display. Please find my project attached with this discussion as well.

If any one has can share any experience with on-chip controller in PSoC, it would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

P.S: I have looked in the forum with regard to projects using on chip controller using PSoC 5 LP and i was not able to find any references.

0 Likes
2 Replies
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I have no experience with graphic LCD, but a few thoughts:

1) can you connect a logic analyzer?

2) do you use LCD reset signal? If not, try to control reset line as indicated by datasheet

3) the datasheet you provided also mentions driver IC ST7789, did you use the corresponding datasheet as well? Maybe you'll find adaptable example source code on the web

Regards

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I see that you have clock set to 12MHz, please increase the clock frequency based on your interface as mentioned below and let me know if it works:

clock speed.PNG

For more info on this please refer to Page 12 of the following document: http://www.cypress.com/file/440296/download

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes