PSoC 4, use XRES pin to hardware reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnYo_3398046
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi All,

I have a very (VERY) large scale PSoC 4 based BLE Mesh system. I am using an Android device to send a 40 byte message to one of the nodes, which sends the message through the BLE Mesh. Every once in a while, 1 or 2 out of 100 nodes get "stuck" in central mode and I can no longer communicate with them. I was first suspicious of the Android device possibly not disconnecting properly, but the nodes that do not disconnect are sometimes very far out of the Android device's range, thus the issue occurs far down line in the mesh. Since this event is pretty rare, I can't find the source of the issue. For now, i'd like to be able to reset the system so that it can restart and be "visible" again via advertisement.

At any rate, I was wondering if I could somehow configure the XRES pin to reset the module via software. Is this possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please check this forum thread with similar discussion:

How to make PSoc4 reset itself

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please check this forum thread with similar discussion:

How to make PSoc4 reset itself

0 Likes

Thank you for the link, but i've been there and there is still no solid answer. Not to mention, this is a little dated.

What does a reset block look like?

0 Likes

There is no as such special reset block its just a logic block about which the thread creator has mentioned.

But the thread has discussed about the feasible options only.You can use CySoftwareReset() which is used for getting Software Reset