EZ-PD CCG4 DOCK REFERENCE i2C J18?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I see that a lot of signals go to the j18 connector that I've removed from my design but can't completely figure out if any of this connection need to be jumped to achieve proper functionality.

I'm really worried about the CCG4_12C_int_DMC and i2C_IN_INT nets in the reference design but could someone help me better understand how to best make sure that J18 being removed won't completely mess up the design.

I2C-Info.JPG

I understand that I need the I2C between the CCG4 and the DMC but think that most of the connection on the J18 connector is not used as there appears to be another I2C bus already. Can someone confirm this assumption?

Thank you so much!

Nicholas

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Nicholas,

J18 10x2 connector is just for debug purpose. No need to jump between any pins.

You can omit this connector in the final design.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Nicholas,

J18 10x2 connector is just for debug purpose. No need to jump between any pins.

You can omit this connector in the final design.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for confirming, I was going through the data sheets and the code last night to figure out what Nets I absolutely need. The more I read the more I felt less confident in my decision. That makes me feel less nervous about kicking of PCBA's.