CYW43907 RTCC not running/preserved in hibernate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

Is the RTCC supposed to track time while in hibernation? I know the RTC time domain is active during hibernation in order to wake the processor on a time schedule so I would think the RTCC would track the time as well. Am I missing something? When my device exits hibernation, the result of wiced_platform_get_rtc_time is the same.

There is a platform_rtc_init function but it only writes a default time to the registers, which is not helpful when waking from hibernation. It looks like the read or write will enable the RTCC.

SDK 6.2

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The RTC does not track time during hibernation, it is either an external 32kHz or internal clock based on the configuration of hibernation_config structure in platform.c.

RTC for 43907 is deprecated, please see section 22.4 Errata in 43907 datasheet:

"The RTC block has been deprecated from this datasheet in revision *A and later. This block is used by Cypress for internal testing/validation/verification and is not intended for customers to use."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The RTC does not track time during hibernation, it is either an external 32kHz or internal clock based on the configuration of hibernation_config structure in platform.c.

RTC for 43907 is deprecated, please see section 22.4 Errata in 43907 datasheet:

"The RTC block has been deprecated from this datasheet in revision *A and later. This block is used by Cypress for internal testing/validation/verification and is not intended for customers to use."

That is is incredibly unclear because of the wording "The RTC block has been deprecated from this datasheet".

I have the datasheet, programmers manual, and register set documentation and nothing absolutely called out the RTC not running in certain power modes. With the lack of information from documentation, we assumed it would work if using a 32KHz crystal. We designed our system around the RTC feature but luckily we have a fallback.

The CYW43907 platform needs a major update to documentation.

We continuously working on improving our SDK, Documentation. user experience and the products itself. Definitely appreciate your feedback and will route it to the correct department for action.

Regards
Winston