Support cyusb3304 Hub

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  I bought a model CYUSB3304  microprocessor to build a hub. Every time the power source is removed the hub stops working and to get it to work again we have to manually discharge the reset circuits (the capacitor). Another anomaly is that it does not allow two cameras to work at the same time. The problem is not the cameras as they do work with another hub with an external power source. ( My Hub is externally powered with a 2A power supply and based on a CYUSB3304 chipset (Cypress Semiconductor). On this first hub I can only use one camera at time; if I connect a second camera it is recognized but cannot work.)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The RESERVED pins are SWD pins which need to be pulled up in case we are programming the ARM processor of the hub. It can be left unconnected if you have to print a new pcb. The PWR_EN is an output which needs to be used with a power switch in case of overcurrent condition to cut off supply. You can leave the DS4 lines unconnected if unused.

How are you performing the RESET switching? If the power supply is stable and switching is proper, there should be no issue in the enumeration as the time constant is sufficient.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello,

Please attach your schematic for our reference. Could you please explain what happens to the hub when the power source is removed?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
When the hub is connected and powered by a computer, the computer doesn’t recognize nor find the hub. To make the hub work we have to manually discharge the capacitor of the reset circuit. The time constant is well within the range of the requirements on the data sheet.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the hub is connected and powered by a computer, the computer doesn’t recognize nor find the hub. To make the hub work we have to manually discharge the capacitor of the reset circuit. The time constant is well within the range of the requirements on the data sheet.

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

-Please connect the RESERVED pins to VDDIO using a pull up resistor of recommended value 10K.

-Please connect VBUS_DS to 5V for normal operation.

-Do the USB precision resistors have 1% tolerance?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

thank you for answer.

The RESERVED pin wasn't connected. What happens if it is not conected? To connect it i have to retrace the paths and print a new pcb.

The PWR_EN pin also wasn’t connected and remains floating. What happens if it is left like this? (It is the same for the I2C pin).

The ds4 port wasn’t used. Is it ok to leave it disconnected?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last question:  I noticed that on the datasheet the RESERVED  pins have to be connected to a 10k resistor. In the schematic that you supplied and I followed, one of these pins (RESERVED) is connected to 3.3V and the other is floating.  Why is there this difference?

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

The RESERVED pins are SWD pins which need to be pulled up in case we are programming the ARM processor of the hub. It can be left unconnected if you have to print a new pcb. The PWR_EN is an output which needs to be used with a power switch in case of overcurrent condition to cut off supply. You can leave the DS4 lines unconnected if unused.

How are you performing the RESET switching? If the power supply is stable and switching is proper, there should be no issue in the enumeration as the time constant is sufficient.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes