DMA Hardware trigger not working with multiple TD's

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BoSc_1602471
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

I'm trying to use the DMA tor create output pattern, which has three phases: On, pattern, off with different length, but the same time resolution (1MHz)

I'm running the system at 64MHz.

The DMA is triggered by an internal Clock of 1 MHz.

The first phase runs nicely, As soon as the DMA switches to the next TD, the DMA now runs full speed, ignoring the hardware trigger signal.

Unfortunately, I can't see the reason  why.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Bodo

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello,

This is occurring because you have configured the TD to do so,

dma.png

In CyDmaTdSetConfiguration() the last parameter decides the configuration of the TD. In your code you have configured the first and second TD to the one marked in red. This definitely will cause the action you explained. Please select the proper configuration you require, if you are unsure of what to select just go for CY_CMA_TD_TERMIN_EN.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello,

This is occurring because you have configured the TD to do so,

dma.png

In CyDmaTdSetConfiguration() the last parameter decides the configuration of the TD. In your code you have configured the first and second TD to the one marked in red. This definitely will cause the action you explained. Please select the proper configuration you require, if you are unsure of what to select just go for CY_CMA_TD_TERMIN_EN.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

0 Likes

Hello Yeshwanth,

you're definitely right.

Unfortunately, the description in the documentation was a bit confusing to me.

Thanks

Bodo

0 Likes