I would like to create COMPLETELY new project in WICED studio and compile it.Note that i dont want to use any of the file or project (like 43xxx_Wi-Fi)which gets downladed by default while installing WICED studio.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaT_3785171
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I would like to  create COMPLETELY new project in WICED studio and compile it.Note that i dont want to use any of the file or project (like 43xxx_Wi-Fi)which gets downladed by default while installing WICED studio.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

WICED is built on top of Eclipse such that all the libraries(required to work with WICED enabled devices) are directly provided to the user. This enables the user to start exploring the device/tool with ease and helps to expedite your IOT design.

In case you wish to create completely new project, you would have to write/import all the necessary files, libraries,toolchain, resources, makefiles, etc to build/download any application.  You may try by including few files in an empty Eclipse project and then copy the libraries from WICED as required(You might end up copying almost all the files from WICED to your new eclipse project ).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

WICED is built on top of Eclipse such that all the libraries(required to work with WICED enabled devices) are directly provided to the user. This enables the user to start exploring the device/tool with ease and helps to expedite your IOT design.

In case you wish to create completely new project, you would have to write/import all the necessary files, libraries,toolchain, resources, makefiles, etc to build/download any application.  You may try by including few files in an empty Eclipse project and then copy the libraries from WICED as required(You might end up copying almost all the files from WICED to your new eclipse project ).