I2C APIs of WICED 6.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
assh_3716096
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hi everyone,

I have to interface an I2C device with CYW20719 EVB. Then to configure the sensor, I need to write some data into registers of I2C device. I'm not being able to do that with available APIs with WICED 6.2 SDK. Please suggest how to do that ?  Though I can read data from registers with following APIs

UINT8 wiced_hal_i2c_combined_read(UINT8* tx_data, UINT8 tx_data_len, UINT8* rx_data, UINT16 rx_data_len, UINT8 slave);

1 Solution

Hi,

I'm already aware of the example available in mentioned directory. However, my problem was solved by writing multiple bytes in one single I2C write instruction. The first byte being address of the register and higher bytes being the data that has to be written into registers.

Thanks !!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi :

we have a i2c_master snip in this directory.

\common\apps\snip\hal\i2c_master,  you can have a reference .

Hi,

I'm already aware of the example available in mentioned directory. However, my problem was solved by writing multiple bytes in one single I2C write instruction. The first byte being address of the register and higher bytes being the data that has to be written into registers.

Thanks !!!